Discover the Rhône Valley along the river by cycling on the ViaRhôna. With your family and friends, make your way into Provence from Vienne to Avignon, across ever-changing landscapes and colourful provençal villages.
Come cycling with your family and friends on the ViaRhôna, a new cycling route along the Rhône River, whose ambitious aim is to connect Lake Geneva with the Mediterranean! From the ancient city of Vienne to Avignon, the Papal city, our itinerary reveals the Rhône River’s secrets as it makes its way through different civilisations, a link between Europe and the Mediterranean Basin. Follow the banks of the most powerful French river as you cycle into the ever-changing landscapes of Provence; from sunny vineyards and gentle hills, through orchards, nature reserves, lavender fields and olive trees, beside châteaux, palaces, cathedrals and charming villages. Taste the products this incredibly diverse region has to offer: fruit, ValRhona chocolate, chestnuts from Ardèche, nougat de Montélimar, Provence’s olives, Tricastin’s truffles, and of course the world-famous Rhône Valley Grands Cru wines. Accessible to all, this tour associates gastronomy, heritage and nature, and invites you to enjoy biking safely on French roads, meeting some passionate local characters along the way.
• Vienne and Orange, ancient Gallo-Roman cities
• World-famous Rhône Valley Grands Cru wines: Côte-Rôtie, Crozes-Hermitage, Châteauneuf-du-Pape…
• Typical Provençal villages: Rochemaure, Cruas, Viviers, la Garde-Adhémar, Suze-la-Rousse…
• Arrive in Avignon, Papal city and UNESCO world heritage site
• Comfortable accommodation in 2/3* hotels and guest houses (mostly with swimming pools)
• Daily luggage transfer
• A safe itinerary mainly along greenways
Our “ViaRhôna from Vienne to Avignon” project contributes to a charity development fund in Mali (€20 /cyclist).
Last years, we funded three projects in the Dogon area (more than €3,000):
•Drinking fountain in Gongo village school
•Rebuilding of housing for teachers in Koundou
•Micro-loan for the women’s cooperative in the village of Kousougou Ley