Come to Vaucluse and get around easily
Are you planning a stay in the Luberon, Avignon or at the foot of the Mont Ventoux? Find below all the information you need to come and explore Vaucluse.
Come by train
Direct TGV (high-speed train) to Avignon from
– Paris Gare de Lyon by TGV (2 hours 38 mins)
– Roissy Charles de Gaulle by TGV
– Lille– Nantes – Rennes – Strasbourg – Nice
– Frankfurt via Strasbourg and Lyon on TGV (7 hours)
– Geneva (3 hours)
– Brussels (5 hours) and Amsterdam (Thalys in the summer)
– London by Eurostar (6 hours)
– Madrid (6.5 hours) and Barcelona (3.5 hours)
More information: www.sncf-connect.com
Prepare your journey: www.thetrainline.com
SNCF Railway Stations in Vaucluse:
– Avignon TGV and Avignon Central stations
(There are regular connecting trains from the TGV station to Central station)
– Orange, Bollène, Isle sur la Sorgue, Pertuis, Carpentras, Cavaillon, Le Thor etc.
Direct link from Carpentras station to Avignon via Sorgues-Châteauneuf du Pape, Entraigues, Monteux.
More information on: sncf.com
Zou ! regional transport network
The Zou ! network is made up of buses and regional trains in the Southern region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
–> See below
Travel by plane
– Avignon-Provence Airport
Avignon / Southampton: every saturdays from July 23 to October 1 (16h20)
Southampton / Avignon : every saturdays from July 23 to October 1 (12h40)
Tel. +33 (0)4 90 81 51 51
>> More information: https://avignon.aero/vols/
– Marseille-Provence Airport (45 minutes from Avignon on the A7 motorway or accessible via a direct train from Vitrolles-Aéroport-Marseille to Avignon Central Station – timetable and tickets on sncf.com).
>> More information: www.marseille-airport.com
– Nîmes Garons Airport (35 minutes on the motorway)
Tel. +33 (0)4 66 70 49 49
>> More information: www.nimes.aeroport.fr/en
Come by car
– 50 mins from Aix-en-Provence
– 1 hour from Marseille
– 30 mins from Arles
– 2 hours from Lyon
– 2 hours from Nice
Or by bus
Flixbus network: global.flixbus.com/bus/avignon
The ‘Zou !’ Network
The public transport network ‘ZOU !’ is the regional network for TER and buses which link the towns and villages of Vaucluse. You can therefore get to your destination from bus stations or the town centres of Avignon, Orange, l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Apt, Cavaillon, Carpentras, Vaison-la-Romaine etc.
‘Grand Avignon’ bus network:
>> Bus lines in the Avignon urban area and Avignon city centre (fr)
– Avignon Bus Station / Multi-modal transportation hub:
5 avenue Monclar – 84000 Avignon – Tel. +33 (0)4 90 82 07 35
Ticket office opening times: 7 am to 7.30 pm Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays).
>> See more (fr)
Good to know
Take your bike on ZOU ! network lines
> More info (opens in a new tab)” rel=”noreferrer noopener” class=”ek-link”>>> More info
COVID 19: Travel to France
Keep up with the latest developments
Coming to France ? Check whether your country of departure is on the green, orange, red or scarlet list. Different rules apply according to each category.