Summer festivals in Vaucluse
Summer has finally arrived, bringing with it the promise of major theatre, dance and music festivals. Let’s take a look at the great moments that will accompany the new season in Vaucluse!
An abundance of major festivals is waiting for you.
Whether it’s the renowned Avignon festival or the lyrical Chorégies d’Orange, the classic major events are waiting for you this summer in Vaucluse
Under what conditions?
The programme for the Avignon Festival will run from the 5th to the 25th of July. Tickets for the shows can be booked online from the 4th.
As for the Off festival in Avignon, running from the 7th to the 29th of July. You can view the programme and book tickets to the shows on the websites of several theatres, including the Chêne Noir, the La Luna, the théâtre du Bélier, the théâtre du Balcon, and the Chien qui fume…
Tickets for the Chorégies d’Orange, from the 22nd of June to the 24th of July, are already available on their website and are available to buy at the box office.
To party with the planet in mind
While all festivals are now paying attention to their impact, some, by their nature or beliefs, are more clearly committed to allowing us to dance, laugh and dream while respecting the environment.
Thus, from the 10th to the 13th of August, Insane, commits to being a more respectful festival and brings festival-goers with it thanks to the Green Tsunami, a sort of eco-gesture challenge.
In Montfavet, hay and agriculture are celebrated on the 25th and 27th of August.
Until October, enjoy Nature with the events in Parc du Ventoux and its activities showing you the secrets of the fauna and flora of this region. Nature outings take place thanks to the programme of outings in the sensitive Natural Areas of Vaucluse
The major music festivals
Dance along to techno/ electro music at these festivals:
– Kolorz in Carpentras, 21st & 22nd July
– Résonance in Avignon, 27th – 30th July
– Insane in Apt, 10th -13rd August
– Positiv festival, in the Théâtre Antique d’Orange, de 18th – 20th august
Appreciate every imaginable rhythm at these festivals:
– The jazz stylings of the musicales dans les vignes in La Tour d’Aigues, 8th June – 18th September
– Jazz also in Villes-sur-Auzon, 26th – 27th July and 1st 3rd August
– Festival Pierre Cardin, in Lacoste, 1st – 13rd august
– Big Band in Pertuis, 7th – 12nd August
– Soirées d’été de Gordes, 4th – 10th August
Other major summer events
Throughout the summer, various daytime and evening events in Vaucluse will mark your calendars.
– from the 7th to the 9th of July, Nights at the Château of the Tour d’Aigues offers a Dance festival
– from the 10th to the 22nd of July, enjoy outdoor shows with the Villeneuve on stage festival
– from the 17th to the 30th of July, treat yourself with the theatrical programme of the nights of the enclave
– from the 4th to the 6th of August, the Font’Arts Festival transforms Pernes-les-Fontaines into a very large street theatre stage