GR® de Pays: Around the Rasteau Massif
Two way loop
Positive elevation gain
Negative elevation gain
Min. 155 meters
Max. 360 meters
Departure / Arrival
Vaison la Romaine- Front of the tourist office / Vaison la Romaine- Front of the tourist office
"Place du 11 novembre", opposite the tourist office
Tourist service in Vaison-la-Romaine :A 3-day hiking tour doing about 10 km a day, or a day doing about 20 km a day, depending how fit you are. The route combines discovering the Rasteau massif, its famous vineyards and “perched” villages, and Roman sites.
Go to the route
By Bus, on the Zou network
Line 4 Orange - Vaison la Romaine
Line 11 Carpentras - Vaison la Romaine
Direction Nyons - Vaison la Romaine.
- A 2 or 4-day tour, with stages of 20 or 10 km per day, ideal for a weekend getaway.
- The itinerant route is best suited to spring and autumn.
- Prepare for your trip. Be sure to pack good walking shoes, a bottle of water, and clothes adapted to the weather.
Respect the regulations preserving protected natural areas – find out about restrictions to accessing the massifs during fire risk periods, from 15 June to 15 September.
Before heading out, check the website
- This route is perfect for a weekend trying an itinerant route for the first time.
- Beautiful viewpoints overlooking the vineyard, the Dentelles de Montmirail and Mont Ventoux, as well as the Aygues valley.
- Vineyards and forests, punctuated by pretty villages with names evocative of famous vintages.
- Vaison la Romaine, an antique and medieval city, with a history of over 2,000 years