V07 La randonnée de Brantes par Terra Rando
Two way loop
Positive elevation gain
Negative elevation gain
Min. 459 meters
Max. 805 meters
Departure / Arrival
Brantes / Brantes
In front of the Primary School
Tourist service in Brantes :You join the forest road of the col du Comte to enjoy a stunning view of the valley and superb panoramic views of Drôme in Provence. You’ll walk at the foot of the impressive valleys of the Provence giant before coming back to the village to visit its wonderful heritage. Distance: 11.5 km / Level: Difficult / Elevation gain: + 693 metres / IGN map ref: 3140ET. To see along and around the hike: > The Le Toulourenc valley and river > The botanical path in Brantes: medicinal and toxic plants at our feet... > The botanical path in Brantes: colours, smells and flavours... (The Brantes botanical paths can be downloaded with the authorisation of their creator: the Toulourenc Horizons association). You can get the hike information sheet for free from the Pays Vaison Ventoux Tourist Office or download it from the website: terrarando.com On the website you can also get advice for a successful hike in Vaucluse and all the practical information from Terra Rando partners. Great hikes and discoveries...
Go to the route
- Departure from the porch of the Town Hall.
- Plan to spend the day, hike with high elevation.
Respect the regulations preserving protected natural areas – find out about restrictions to accessing the massifs during fire risk periods, from 15 June to 15 September.
Before heading out, check the website
- A circuit in the forest, to discover the North face of Mont Ventoux which has nice breakthroughs to see the Valley and the Drôme.
- Climb via a nice forest path, in the shade
- The itinerary takes you via the Le Toulourenc river and its “alpine” ambiance.
- View of the valley and the Baronnies Provençales massif from the col du Comte.
- Passes by the foot of the Valleys and stones wells of the Provence giant.
- Visit of the Brantes hilltop village.