GR® de Pays: Around the Ventoux Massif – Circular hike in the foothills of Mont Ventoux
Two way loop
Positive elevation gain
Negative elevation gain
Min. 0 meters
Max. 0 meters
Departure / Arrival
Malaucène / Malaucène
Tourist office - Place de la Mairie
Tourist service in Malaucène :A 9-day or 5-day hiking tour, depending on how athletic you are (approx. 6 miles per day or 12 miles per day).
Much older than the Alps, which it saw being formed, Mont Ventoux rises like a beacon to the south, watching over the Dentelles de Montmirail. It alone offers a wide variety of landscapes and climates on each of its slopes. The route takes in the foothills of this iconic massif linking Provence and the Alps, an area of wilderness, farming, heritage – and hiking!
Go to the route
- Follow the GR® (white-red) / GRP® (yellow-red) signposting
- Itinerary mostly shared with GR®s
- can be done in any season.
- Prepare for your hike.
- Plan to have good walking shoes, water and clothes that are suitable for the weather.
Respect the regulations preserving protected natural areas – find out about restrictions to accessing the massifs during fire risk periods, from 15 June to 15 September.
Before heading out, check the website
- Within the territory of the Mont-Ventoux Regional Nature Park
- Piedmont slope of the Ventoux and its villages, ideal for visits when on the road
- Possibility of adding small loops to the day to discover the many valleys on the south slope of the massif
- To cover in 5 to 10 days
- Described counter-clockwise