If you love little creatures - those who live in the day and those who live at night - and you love plants, this is for you! Calling all budding scientists! The Jean-Henri Fabre Harmas, where the famous entomologist lived, undoubtedly inspired the creation of this vast, light-filled, educational space, dedicated to insects and plants.
The Naturoptère building blends in perfectly with the surrounding village of Sérignan-du-Comtat. This eco-friendly construction combines wood, concrete and different types of plants to create a warm, welcoming structure.
Inside, you’ll find high-quality science exhibitions as well as fun and educational ways of learning about the naturalist Jean-Henri Fabre, nature, insects and their environment. To ensure the centre is accessible for everyone, you will also find a collection of games, a range of new technologies, living objects, a collection of specimens, and a garden - all governed by a clear and varied narrative.
Outside, you can stroll through the semi-natural garden and observe nature in action .. You’ll see examples of biodiversity in each corner – by the pond, the vegetable garden as well as the insect hotel, enhanced by our pre-selected plants.
Naturoptère holds events, workshops, and talks throughout the year. You can also buy a ticket for a combined visit to the Harmas museum. In summary, Naturoptère is a comprehensive cultural centre, accessible to all.
You will find:
- An area (15m²) dedicated to learning about Jean-Henri Fabre
- An area enabling visitors to learn about the secrets of the building itself
- An area entirely devoted to insects enabling visitors to fully understand what they are
- 4 temporary exhibition spaces primarily devoted to relationships between insects, plants, and their environment
- Three study rooms equipped with magnifying glasses, microscopes and computers to enable children and adults to observe and understand nature
- An Imago space where lectures and documentaries are held throughout the year. This space can also be rented for conferences and meetings.
School groups welcome, with a programme adapted to each age group (by appointment only).
Free for under-7s.
On-site parking and picnic area. Wi-Fi.
-Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9 am to 12.30 am and from 1.30 pm to 5 pm.
-Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, bank holidays from 1.30 pm to 6 pm.
In July and August:
-From Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.
-Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays from 1.30 am to 6 pm.