The museum displays a large collection of ceramics used at the château in the 17th and 18th centuries. Other displays include several polychrome floors from the same era, and sculpted marble decors.
The Château de La Tour d'Aigues was considered the finest residence in Provence between the 16th and 18th centuries.
After falling victim to the French Revolution in September 1792, the building fell into ruin and served as an open "quarry" for locals throughout the 19th century. Almost two centuries later, during restoration work on the castle, La Tour d'Aigues' ceramics were rediscovered, buried and broken in the reinstated basements.