Avignon

Saint-Louis Chapel

Tourist service in Avignon :

Chapel of the old Jesuit novitiate built at the beginning of the 17th century.
Find out more
In 1589 a Jesuit novitiate was founded 25 years after the congregation settled down in Avignon. The construction of the chapel started in 1601, the consecration was done 10 years later. The Jesuit architect Etienne Martelange would have given the plans. This construction introduced a new style coming from Italy, in a city where medieval architecture was the prevailing style, including a dome looking onto the central part of the church. Open on Sunday from 5pm to 6:30 pm.
Information: 04 90 82 17 87.

See less

VOIR PLUS
See less
VOIR PLUS
See less

Dates and times

From 01/01 to 31/12, every Sunday between 5 PM and 6.30 PM.

Prices

Free of charge.

Languages spoken

  • French

Contact

Saint-Louis Chapel
Rue du Portail Boquier
84000 Avignon
Tel : View number 04 90 82 17 87
Website : https://www.diocese-avignon.fr/

Coordinates

Longitude : 4.805063
Latitude : 43.944519