GR® de Pays: Around the Dentelles de Montmirail
Two way loop
Positive elevation gain
Negative elevation gain
Min. 85 meters
Max. 603 meters
Departure / Arrival
Vaison la Romaine / Vaison la Romaine
Place du 11 novembre, facing the tourist office
GR® de Pays markings in both directions
Tourist service in Vaison-la-Romaine :An itinerant trip that can be done in 6 days, covering a total of 10km per day, or in 3 days for practiced sportsmen (20km/ day). A course combining the discovery of the Dentelles de Montmirail, its famous vineyards, its hilltop villages, and Roman sites.
Go to the route
By Bus, Zu networkLine 4 Orange - Vaison la RomaineLine 11 Carpentras - Vaison la Romainehttps://services-zou.maregionsud.fr/fr/
- A 3 or 6-day trip, covering either 10 or 20km per day.
- This itinerant route is best suited to spring and autumn.
- There is restriced access to the massif in summer (15th June - 15th September).
- Prepare for your outing. Pack good walking shoes, a bottle of water, and clothes adapted to the weather.
- A Provençal itinerary which evolves according to the seasons.
- Views of the Côtes du Rhône vineyard and villages famous for their wines: Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Beaumes de Venise, Séguret
- Hilltop villages that look just like Provencal nativity scenes: Séguret, le Crestet, La roque Alric
- Panoramic views of Mont Ventoux, steep limestone rocks, terraced vineyards and sheltered valleys.
- a remarkable historical and geological heritage to discover: Vaison la Romaine, a medieval and Roman city, the castle of Barroux, Plateau des courrens, Notre Dame d'Aubune, Rocher du Rocalinaud