GR® 91: Savoillans to Fontaine-de-Vaucluse
Positive elevation gain
Negative elevation gain
Min. 77 meters
Max. 813 meters
Departure / Arrival
Place de la Mairie - Malaucène
Tourist service in Savoillans :A 5-day or 3-day hiking tour, depending on how athletic you are (approx. 6 miles per day or 12 miles per day). A multi-day hike from Mont Ventoux to the Vaucluse mountains, from the steep-sided Toulourenc valley to the resurgence of Fontaine-de-Vaucluse.
Go to the route
TER train station in Carpentras
Zou bus line 11: Carpentras - Vaison la Romaine.
Zou bus line 6: Avignon - Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and Zou bus line 21: Isle-sur-la-Sorgue - Coustellet.
>> More information about the network and times
Line K Carpentras - Malaucène.
Line L Carpentras - Bédoin.
Line M Carpentras - Flassan.
- Follow the GR® signposting
- Itinerary share mainly with the GRP® Tour of the Ventoux massif: Ventoux via the piedmont slope
- This itinerary can be hiked in any season.
- Prepare for your hike.
- Plan to have good walking shoes, water and clothes that are suitable for the weather.
Respect the regulations preserving protected natural areas – find out about restrictions to accessing the massifs during fire risk periods, from 15 June to 15 September.
Before heading out, check the website
- From the high plateaux of Vercors to the Mont-Ventoux and to the Monts de Vaucluse, this GR® crosses Isère, the Drôme and the Vaucluse
- Fontaine-de-Vaucluse is its final point, and also the source as Vaucluse in French is Vau-Cluso in Provencal, which comes from Vallis-Clausa in Latin, that is the “vallée clause” of Fontaine-de-Vaucluse with its resurgence
- Covered in 3 to 5 days