GR® de Pays: Luberon and the Vaucluse Mountains – The Ochres of Luberon
Two way loop
Positive elevation gain
Negative elevation gain
Min. 194 meters
Max. 695 meters
Departure / Arrival
Apt / Apt
Avenue Victor Hugo car park
Tourist service in Apt :A 5-day hiking tour doing about 10km a day, or 3 days doing about 20km per day, depending how fit you are. A multi-day hike between Luberon and the Vaucluse mountains, amid a stunning array of colours!
Go to the route
Zou bus line 17: Cavaillon - Apt
Zou bus line 15: Avignon - Apt
Zou bus line 16: Apt - Sault
>> More information about the network and times
- Follow the GR® (white-red) / GRP® (yellow-red) signposting
- Itinerary shared with the GR®6 over the northern part.
- Choose autumn or spring to do this hiking tour.
- Access to the Provencal Colorado is strictly regulated, booking is mandatory on the dedicated website for visits from 9am to 1pm, from 1pm to 7pm, free access depending on available places
- Prepare for your hike.
- Plan to have good walking shoes, water and clothes that are suitable for the weather.
Respect the regulations preserving protected natural areas – find out about restrictions to accessing the massifs during fire risk periods, from 15 June to 15 September.
Before heading out, check the website
- Within the territory of the Luberon Regional Nature Park
- Ochre earth of the Luberon at the villages of Rustrel, Roussillon and Gargas, respect regulations
- Covered in 3 to 5 days
- Described counter-clockwise