GR® 653D: From Castellet-en-Luberon to Cavaillon
Positive elevation gain
Negative elevation gain
Min. 66 meters
Max. 482 meters
Departure / Arrival
Castellet-en-Luberon / Cavaillon
Place Lauze de Perret.
Tourist service in Castellet-en-luberon :A 5-day or 2-day hiking tour, depending on how athletic you are (approx. 6 miles per day or 12 miles per day). A hike through the Calavon valley, between the Vaucluse mountains and Luberon massif.
Go to the route
Zou bus line 15: Avignon - Apt
Zou bus line 17: Cavaillon - Apt
>> More information about the network and times
- Follow the GR® signposting
- Itinerary sometimes shared with the Via Domitia cycling itinerary, remain courteous and vigilant
- Respect the regulations for preserving protected natural areas
- This hike can be done in any season.Prepare for your hike.
- Plan to have good walking shoes, water and clothes that are suitable for the weather.
Respect the regulations preserving protected natural areas – find out about restrictions to accessing the massifs during fire risk periods, from 15 June to 15 September.
Before heading out, check the website
- Branch of St James’ Way, from Montgenèvre to Arles
- Wonderful viewing points of the Luberon massif and Monts-de-Vaucluse from Calavon valley
- Covered in 2 to 5 days
- Described from east to west