From Feb. 1st to Nov. 30th, except Mondays, see details below.
Standing tall like a sentinel at the entrance to the town of Villeneuve-les-Avignon, the tower was built between 1292 and 1307 on orders from King Philip the Fair, who sought to impose respect from neighbouring Avignon.
Nov. 2nd-30th and from Feb. 1st to Apr. 30th from 2pm to 5pm, on Wednesdays from 10am to 12am and from 2pm to 5pm. From May 2nd to Oct. 31st from 10am to 12:30am and from 2pm to 6pm. Closed on May 1st, Nov. 1st and 11th.
The tower has three levels, each with lovely rooms with vaulted ceilings. During the 15th century, a watchtower was added. From the top, a magnificent view of the Rhône River and surrounding countryside.