A magical layout throughout the centre city linking 19 venues in Avignon to celebrate Christmas, offering countless events for all ages: markets, classes, storytelling, theme evenings, brunches and goûters... Warmth and friendliness, gourmand treats...
Many different venues in the heart of Avignon celebrate the magic of Christmas and propose special events for all ages:
Autour d'un thé, un voyage, at the Petit Palais museum, place du Palais, 04 9 83 15 92, every day but Tuesdays, 11am to 6pm: traditional hot chocolate, teas and Christmas pastries.
- 1 to 24 Dec.: exposition N. Dumas-XIII, photographic compositions on the theme of tea; wish tree.
- 9, 10 and 13 Dec. 3 to 4pm: interactive and experience-based olfactive workshop for children to create their own Christmas tea.
5 to 12 years old.
Price: 12€. Please reserve ahead.
- 16, 17, 20 and 23 Dec. At 3pm: Christmas tales, followed by winter goûter.
Hôtel d'Europe, 12 place Crillon, 04 90 14 76 76:
- 1 to 31 Dec. 2 to 6pm in the courtyard: the Châlet de Noël.
Waffles, mulled wine, homemade chocolates and cakes, spice cakes and other winter specialties.
- 7, 14 and 21 Dec. 7:30 to 11pm: shellfish and seafood speicals, with live music.
Price: details to come.
- 16 and 17 Dec.:
. 11am to 7pm: Gourmet Christmas – gourmand market and creative products.
The very best addresses, the preferences of Chef M. Desmarets and Sommelier J. Leone propose their specialties. Pastry chef S. Poulain presents her Haute Couture Christmas Yule Log cakes.
. 2 and 4pm: classes for young Gourmets.
Make Christmas cookies, storytelling and goûter.
Camili Books & Tea, 155 rue Carreterie, 04 90 27 38 50, Tuesday to Saturday 12noont to 7pm. English-language book shop, tea salon, exhibitions, workshops, yarn and jewelry....
- 2 and 9 Dec. 10:30 to 12: Christmas origami workkshop with C. Vourc'h.. Make your own paper star wreathes.
- 9 Dec. 4 to 6pm: water-colour class for Christmas with B. Launay.. Christmas trees, snow, Christmas ornaments, shine and sheen... !
For age 7 and over. Reservation recommended.
Free, and free cookie.
Urb Yoga, 17 rue Saint-Etienne, 07 54 54 56 08: dynamic yoga in Avignon.
2, 9 and 16 Dec. At 7:30pm: Yoga Nidra – Special for Christmas.
Yoga where you can listen without hearing, see without looking and know without knowing.
It all takes place inside yourself.
Free, but do book ahead.
Maison de Fogasses, 37 rue des Fourbisseurs, 04 90 87 25 02: restaurant – cooking classes.
- 3, 10 and 17 Dec. Starts at 11am: Advent brunch.
- 8, 9, 15 and 16 Dec. 7pm to 11pm: Gourmet evenings – Christmas standing up.
- 9, 10, 16 and 17 Dec.: 4pm: tea salon.
. 4:30: Christmas tales.
Price: details to come.
Hygge, 25 place des Carmes, 04 65 81 06 87: organic canteen and coffee shop.
6, 13 and 20 Dec. 3:30 to 6pm: The red-headed witch – musical tale with P. Gamel and P. Viriot, followed by a great goûter with chocolate cake and cinnamon-scented apple juice.
7 years old and above
Price: 10€. Reservation recommended.
La Carte à Jouer, 6 rue Rappe, 09 83 61 81 17, 10am to 7pm: games, toys and gifts.
8 Dec. 6pm to 7pm, 9 Dec. 11am to 12noon and 3pm to 4pm, and 10 Dec. 3pm to 4pm:
Roue de Noël and le Rendez-Vous des Lucioles.
Delirium, 1 rue Mignard, 06 29 14 17 69:
8 and 15 Dec. 6pm to 9pm, 9 and 16 Dec. 11am to 8pm and 10 and 17 Dec. 11am to 7pm: Creative Design Market organized by Blam Event.
Home-made food service featuring sweet and savoury dishes.
La Mirande, place de l'Amirande, 04 90 14 20 20:
- 8 Dec. 6pm to 11pm, 9 Dec. 11am to 11pm and 10 Dec. 11am to 9pm: 8th Annual Christmas Market, with the Bazaar of the Creators, the Gourmand Stands, the Table Haute, pastry classes, tea salons, exhibition of children’s drawings, Djinvisible, live music...
- 9 and 10 Dec.: children’s workshops with La Petite Académie.
. 2pm: paintings of Les Anges de Raphaël.
. at 4pm: sculpture Le Cerf.
Price: 10€. Reserve ahead.
Maison de la Tour, 9 rue de la Tour, 09 86 22 26 73: gourmande cuisine, specialized in cocotte cooking ...
- 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17 Dec. 7:30pm to 10pm: rôtissoire with meats and game for Christmas and tasting session on salmon from the fjords.
- 9 and 16 Dec. 2pm to 4pm: atelier of great gourmandises and storytelling.
Preparation of sweet Christmas specialty - des mendicants – and other Christmas cookies.
Age 6 and older. Reserve ahead.
- 9, 10, 16 and 17 Dec. 3pm to 6pm, in the garden: goûter with super taste treats. Hot chocolate, mulled wines, Christmas teas, crêpes and waffles, cotton candy, marshmallows...
Bella Ciao – Utopian Bakery, 43 rue des Fourbisseurs, 06 95 15 84 66, Tuesdays 4pm to 7pm, Wednesday to Saturday 11am to 7pm:
- 9, 16 and 23 Dec. 11am to 7pm: Utopian Christmas.
Artistic, ecological and just plain fun activities for all ages, finish up with music and Christmas cheer, 23 Dec..
- 9 Dec. 2 to 5pm: Human dance box.
Outdoor juke-box, human and movements by A. Vidal.
Musée Louis Vouland, 17 rue Victor Hugo, 04 90 86 03 79, Tuesday to Sunday, 2 to 4pm: 18th-century Provençal crèche, decorative arts from the 17th and 18th centuries, Provençal painters, shop and bookshop.
Price: 6€, 4€, free under 12.
- 18th-century Provençal crèche,
- 9 and 10 Dec. 2:30 to 5pm: sewing workshop, entitled Tissus, fils and cie with S. Manguin.
To learn the basics and how to use a sewing machine and practice basic techniques creating a work inspired by the museum’s collections.
Price: 42€ for the two half-days.
- 14 Dec. At 6:30pm: theatrical readings with C. Alias and E. Stinermann.
Correspondence on the subject of love for nature in the 18th century: Mme du Deffand, Voltaire, Diderot, J. de Lespinasse... Followed by a writing workshop.
Price: 12€, 5€.
- 20 Dec. at 8:30pm: Christmas concert by the group La Mascarade with L. Bellili and A. Labadie, sopranos; D. Lepeltier, cello and E. Tabaruch, harpsichord.
Arias by Bach, Schütz, Shein, Corette, Vivaldi...
Tickets: 5 to 12€.
- 10 Dec. at 11am, place de l'Amirande: Piano Pulsion – winter apparition.
Les Plumes du Paon, 91 rue Bonneterie, 06 68 32 91 56, Tuesday to Saturday, 11am to 7pm: boutique-gallery – designers, contemporary art, lighting design and vintage furnishings.
- 10 and 17 Dec. 3pm to 5pm: clay works workshop working with coloured clay for Christmas beauty with V. Dominici.
Make little Christmas trees, reindeer, stars, rabbits, horses, ornaments…
- 13 Dec. 3pm to 5pm: Christmas decorations made from recycled paper with I. Papasian.
A winter goûter is served at the end of the workshops
Les Jardins de Baracane, 12 rue Baracane, 06 87 85 52 62: charm-filled guest house.
- 15 and 16 Dec. 6pm to 9pm: special light and shadow evening.
- 16 Dec. 11am to 6pm: tea salon, exhibition in the garden.
Aux Augustins, 16 rue Carreterie, 04 84 51 01 44: apartment and guest rooms.
16 and 17 Dec. 3pm to 7pm: Christikindlmarkt – Adventsglanz, sponsored by the France-Germany association.
See and learn about how Christmas is prepared in Germany and in Alsace, workshops and classes on Christmas themes. Book ahead. Price: 5€, specialty food stands, crafts, music, exhibition of the children’s drawings, presented during the UNICEF exhibition at the Palace of the Popes in 1971.
For more information check us out on Facebook later in November.
La Pastorale story with santons from Provence, at the Chapel de l'Oratoire, 32 rue J. Vernet.
17 and 23 Dec. at 2pmh, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm, sessions last 20 minutes and tell the Provençale Christmas story with a living crèche in 8 tableaux. Directed by Isabelle Guillaume.
Free entrance, donations at the door. Limited seating.
Le Pandora Cinema, 3 rue Pourquery de Boisserin, 04 90 85 62 05:
- 23 and 30 Dec. at 11am: see what goes on backstage in a movie house. Then, a video workshop for the entire family.
Event lasts: 60 min.
Free of charge but do sign up ahead of time. Limited places.
- 23 Dec. To 7 January: film screenings
Tickets are 5€ per seat when you present the Labyrinthe de Noël brochure.