La Nocturne des Papes - Avignon Urban Trail
The race takes place on Saturday 11 May 2019, with one 9-km and one 18-km circuit, which runners can complete semi-independently while being timed.
The two different circuits will show you round the Papal City and its hidden treasures....
... including the Popes' Palace, the Pont d’Avignon, the Jardin des Doms gardens, the city ramparts and many of the city squares and historic streets so characteristic of Avignon's Medieval heart.
The 18-km circuit takes you across part of beautiful Barthelasse Island, the biggest river island in Europe with wonderful views over Avignon.
RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Nocturne des Papes, Avignon Urban Trail race is organised by the CAS AVIGNON sports club, in partnership with Avignon Town Hall.
The race organisers are supporting the charity Le Pas which helps families of children with autism. For each runner registered, €1 goes to the charity.
- The 18-km race starts at 9 pm, from Place de l’Horloge
- The 9-km race starts at 9.15 pm, from Place de l’Horloge
- General briefing at 8.45 pm, on the starting line
- Arrival point: Square in front of the Popes' Palace
Type of race: individual timed running race in the streets of Avignon and on Barthelasse Island.
> REGISTRATION ONLINE ONLY at www.nikrome.com
Deadline for online registration: 10 May 2019 at 6 pm, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration on the day of the race if space still available, additional cost of €2 per registration.
- Runners under the age of 18 on the day of the race must provide parental authorisation, obligatory to get your race number.
- Runners must provide a medical certificate (original or photocopy) dated within less than one year on the day of the race, stating there are no contra-indications to competitive racing. Or they can show a 2018-2019 FFA license to validate their registration.
- €15 for the 18-km circuit before 10 May 2019 then €17 on site on the day (+ nikrome.com registration fee)
- €10 for the 9-km circuit before 10 May 2019 then €12 on site on the day (+ nikrome.com registration fee)
- The first 5 Men and Women in each race will be awarded a prize at the end of the race.
- The best costume in each race will also receive a prize.
FOR MORE INFO: