A new season to discover arias and instrumental works from the Baroque era. Rare and magnificent opportunities in view!
A cycle of 9 concerts of Baroque music in many different venues in Avignon and in Le Pontet.
- 8 Oct. at 5pm, Notre-Dame des Doms Basilica on Popes' Palace square: concert as the prologue to the First Italian Week in Avignon, with Delphine Galou, contralto, and Ottavio Dantone, gilded organ and positive organ. Airs by Frescobaldi, Torelli, Pasquini, Stradella, Scarlatti, Marcello.
Tickets: 8 to 20€
- Grande Chapelle du Palais des Papes, place du Palais des Papes:
. 28 Oct. at 8:30pm: Duo Mescolanza with Christina Alis Rausch and Julien Ferrandi, clavicytheriums and positive organs. Music for 14th and 15th century keyboards in France and Northern Italy - Ars tractorio instrumentalis.
. 12 Nov. at 5pm: Ensemble de Caelis, ensemble of a-capella women's voices. With Laurence Brisset, artistic direction, song, organetto ; Estelle Nadau, Caroline Tarrit, Eugénie de Mey, song; accompanied by Julien Ferrando, organetto, clavicytherium. Secular music from the late 14th early 15th centuries - Ars Substilior.
Ticjkets per concert: 5 to 20€.
- Conservatoire du Grand Avignon - Amphithéâtre Mozart, 1-3 rue du Général Leclerc:
. 26 Nov. at 5pm: Marc Mauillon, baryton and Angélique Mauillon, harp. Airs by Caccini, Luzzaschi, Peri, Piccinini.
. 18/03 at 5pm: Benjamin Alard performs Goldberg Variations on the clavichord.
Tickets: 8 to 20€.
- 15 Jan at 8:30pm, Opéra Confluence, place de l'Europe: Franco Fagioli, counter tenor and l'Ensemble Il Pomo d'Oro. Airs from operas by Haendel. Solidarity evening with medical, educational and social actions in Nepal, humanitarian association Partage dans le monde.
Tickets: 6 à 38€.
- 11 Feb. at 5pm, Auditorium du Grand Avignon, avenue Guillaume de Fargis, 84130 Le Pontet: Les Sacqueboutiers, Ensemble of historical brass instruments from Toulouse with corners à bouquin, theorbe, percussion and organ. Works by Scheidt, Castello, Piccinini, Ortiz, Schütz...
Tickets: 10 to 25€.
- 15 April at 5pm, Chapelle de l'Oratoire, 32 rue Joseph Vernet: Justin Taylor, clavichord - Chromatismes. Airs by Bach, Rameau, Sweelinck, Scarlatti, Soler.
Tickets: 6 to 12€.
- 13 May at 5pm, Courtyard at the Petit Palais museum, place du Palais des Papes: Léa Desandre, mezzo-soprano, and Thomas Dunford, theorbe. Airs by Strozzi, Frescobaldi, Merula, Monteverdi...
If bad weather, this concert takes place at Chapelle de l'Oratoire.
Tickets: 6 to 12€.