The well-known chef Jean-Marc Villard has worked at many great restaurants, and taught at the Institut Paul Bocuse in Lyon. He runs cookery classes in the Luberon.
In these workshops you’ll learn to cook Provençal dishes under the enthusiastic guidance of dedicated chef Jean-Marc Villard.
- Cookery classes are organised by request, and are mainly given in English (for 2 people or more).
- Classes in French are also available by request for groups of 5 people or more.
- The kitchen can accommodate groups of around 10 for practical cookery lessons, where everyone has their own workstation.
- For larger groups, we can organise cookery demonstrations followed by a meal (quote on request).
Schedule for a day-long course:
- Participants are usually welcomed at 8:45 am with a coffee and home-made pâtisseries, so that participants can get to know each other.
- The Chef takes everyone shopping, either at the local farmers' market, or at the local producers’ cooperative (optional)
- The Chef presents the recipes
- Hands-on cookery lesson: you all make your own menus (starter, main course, dessert and appetisers) with stage-by-stage instructions from chef Jean-Marc Villard, who provides ample advice so you can reproduce the recipes at home.
- After a well-deserved aperitif, you sit down to sample your menu and enjoy a convivial feast of all the dishes the group has cooked.
- The day ends at around 3:30 pm
Each participant leaves with printed copies of all the recipes in the menu. Aprons and all the kitchen utensils required are provided.