Saturday November 5th to Sunday January 8th.
Sixteen interesting venues in the heart of Avignon to celebrate Christmas ! Discover the magic of off-the-beaten path Avignon with markets, workshops for children, storytelling, the Christmas Wheel, song and concerts, yummy things to taste, gorgeous decorations, the Wish Tree and many other surprises...
Delphine's Horse and Buggy - 06 69 52 84 89
December 10 and 11 from 3pm to 7pm: Pompon and "les Lucioles" take you to the different places in the Christmas Labyrinth. For children, fun-lovers and lovers!
Tea Salon Autour d'un thé, un voyage - Petit Palais Museum, Place du Palais - 04 90 83 15 92
- November 27 to December 24: The Wish Tree. Write your wish down and hang it on the branches of the wish tree! Branches are later burned at the end of the Labyrinth, to help your wish come true.
- 7, 10, 11, 14, 17, 18 and 21 December at 3pm: Christmas storytelling and the giraffe, for children. Followed by a winter goûter.
La Mirande, Place de l'Amirande - 04 90 14 20 20
- From November 5 to January 8th: exhibit of work by C. Ferrer, M. Lustrerie.
- Opening of the 7th Christmas Market December 9 at 6pm. Christmas Market December 10 and 11, from 11 am to 11 pm. Stands featuring gorgeous creations and foods. Pastry classes, tea salons, children's drawing exhibition, Djinvisible, live music.
Saturday and Sunday at 2pm: Workshops for children. Gustav Klimt painting 4pm: sculpture La Girafe with the La Petite Académie followed by Giraffe tales by C. Saysset.
Price: 10€, please reserve your space.
- December 4 at 11am: Winter apparitions by Piano Pulsion.
- December 18 at 5pm: Afternoon-Tea with the Yule Singers.
Camili Books & Tea - 155, rue Carreterie - 04 90 27 38 50
- Tuesdays to Saturdays 12 to 7pm: Come knit a row for the giraffe's scarf! Participative knitting to make a scarf which will wind around the ramparts in 2018 and be found in other venues in the Christmas Labyrinth - A giraffe at Christmas, exhibition of your drawings, post card format.
- Zarafa Workshops: December 3 at 2pm, Christmas Watercolour Painting with B. Launay - December 10 at 10am; Christmas songs in English with M. Khoury - December 7 and 21 at 2:30, Christmas Origami with L. Rocheteau.
2-hour session - Price: 10€ includes your choice of beverage. Please reserve your space.
Bang & Olufsen - 14, rue du Limas - 04 90 82 94 62
December 11 and 18 at 3pm: Salvador Dali's Giraffes on fire in sound and images.
Hotel de l'Europe - 12, Place Crillon - 04 90 14 76 76
- December 11 at 11am: Winter apparitions by Piano Pulsion.
- December 10 and 11, 11am to 7pm: Gourmet Market. The preferred addresses of Chef M. Desmarest and sommelier J. Leone present their products. Pastry Chef Sophie presents her 2016 haute couture Christmas Yule Logs.
- December 16 and 18, 11am to 7pm and December 17 10 am to 7pm: Creators' Market and gourmet food stands, tea salon, live music...
Made By Quartier - Place des Carmes
December 10 6pm to 11pm: Christmas Market with fashion show, local gastronomy, music and dancing!
Aux Augustins - 16, rue Carreterie - 04 84 51 01 44
December 11 and 18/12, 3pm to 7pm: Adventsglanz - Advent festival. Live classical music with a violin for Zarafa, Glüwein (mulled wine),Lebkuchen, Stollen and other treats - Workshops for children over 9. Plätzchen und Fröbelstern, German Christmas Cookies.
Price: 5€, please reserve your space.
La Carte à Jouer - 6, rue Rappe - 09 83 61 81 17
December 9 6 to 7pm, December 10 11 to 12 and 3 to 4, and December 11 3 to 4pm: Rendez-vous with the Lucioles and the Christmas Wheel. Come and try your luck!
Maison de Fogasses - 37, rue des Fourbisseurs - 04 90 87 25 02
- December 18 at 11: Winter apparitions by Piano Pulsion.
- December 9 to 24 as of 12noon: La Maison de Zarafa: Restaurant Ma Belle Girafe - At 4pm: Tea Salon Zarafa's delights - December 10 and 14 at 3pm: Culinary workshop making éclairs and puffs and cakes - December 4, 11 and 18 at 11am: Brunch de Zarafa and Atir - November 17 to December 24, 11 to 7pm: Boutique - Makers' Art Gallery, the Winter Bestiary and other wildness. Fashion, textile, accessories, jewelry, gifts and other curiosities - December 9 to 21, 11 to 7pm: Zarafa's cabinet, Rodolphe 1830-2030, open house - December 10 and 11, 11 to 5, December 18 11 to 4:30: Le Conte de la Girafe by C. Saysset. Also! Music, food, shop, interior decoration.
Bella Ciao, utopian bakery - 43, rue des Fourbisseurs - 06 95 15 84 66
December 3, 10 and 17, 11 to 7pm: The Giraffe's manger. Utopian surprises, participative hangings, screenings, Christmas delights and delirium...
Delirium - 1, rue Mignard - 06 29 14 17 69
- December 9 and 16 6pm to 10pm; December 10, 11, 17, 11am to 10pm and December 18 11am to 8pm: Creators' Market. Sweet and savoury food, oysters and white wine. Organised by Blam Event and Les Bons Plans d'Avignon.
- December 9, 6pm to 8pm: concert by Le SuperHomard - Performance Papillon en Live by Frenchy.
Le Pandora - 3, rue Pourquery Boisserin - 04 90 85 62 05
- December 17 at 11: screening of the Zarafa film. Free of charge
- December 18 to January 2 every day at 11: Christmas films. In addition to Zarafa, a selection of family films. Tickets: 4€.
Musée Vouland - 17, rue Victor Hugo - 04 90 86 03 79
- Tuesday to Saturday, 2 to 6pm: Presentation of two Provencal crèches from the 18th century and the mid-20th century. Shop and bokstore.
Price: 6 and 4€, free under 12.
- November 27 to December 24: After Vasarely, make your own RAVI(E)S. Participative project, visitors can create their own "ravi" or "ravie" and contribute them.
- December 03 to 31: exhibit, decors dreamed up for the Vouland by students in the decor painting section at the Ecole d'Avignon.
- December 17: Public reading "Au Tour de Girafe". With C. Alias and students. Readings from R. Kipling, H. de Balzac, J. Prévert, G. Delahaye, G. Dardaud…
Price: 12€, 8€ for friends of the Museum and under 20.
- December 19 to 23, 10am to 4pm: workshop on a Midsummer's Night Dream, for children over 7. Creation of an animated film with C. Challeau, artist working with G. Lucas, video artist. Price: 260€, lunch included. Reserve ahead.
And many other surprises.
HAPE - 87 rue Bonneterie - 06 98 48 16 50
December 14 and 17, 2 to 6pm: Elves' Workshop. Silkscreening on fabric and paper. Bring a plain t-shirt! Price: 3 €.
Les Plumes du Paon - 91, rue Bonneterie - 06 68 32 91 56
December 14 and 21 at 3 and 4:30: Workshop for children over 7: Angel, Demon or Fairy, with P. Breysse, illustrator and artist, followed by seasonal goûter. Cut paper hangings.
Price: 8€ please reserve ahead.