Cavaillon synagogue - Judeo-Comtadin Museum CAVAILLON

Cavaillon synagogue - Juedeo-Comtadin Museum

This masterpiece of Comtadin art dating from the 18th century is one of the most remarkable Jewish places of worship known today. The synagogue was rebuilt during the 18th century, occupying the first floor. It contains authentic Louis XV style furniture, as well as a Judeo-Comtadin Museum. Guided tours only.

Bearing witness to the life of the Jewish community during the 17th century, Cavaillon was a place of refuge just like the other French cities of Avignon, Carpentras and L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. The life of the city revolved around the synagogue. It was rebuilt in the 18th century (1772-1774), showing Provençal and Jewish cultures living together, as befitting one of the few Jewish communities to be tolerated. The lower hall, the former assembly hall for women, now houses the collections of the Judeo-Comtadin Museum.
Guided tours every hour. Workshops and tours suitable for families are held throughout the year.
Open every day from October, 1 to April, 30 (except Tuesdays and Sundays): 10.00 am - 12.00 noon and 2.00 - 5.00 pm. Tours at 10.00 am, 11.00 am, 2.00 pm, 3.00 pm and 4.00 pm.
Open every day from  May, 2 toSeptember, 30 (except Tuesday): 9.30 am - 12.30 noon and 2.00 - 6.00 pm. Tours at 9.30, 10.30 am, 11.30 am, 2.00 pm, 3.00 pm, 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm.


Closed on 1 May, 25 December and 1 January.
Free under 18.


Share/Bookmark

Adress / Contact

Rue Hébraïque
 
84300  CAVAILLON
contact by phonecontact by email

Accommodation around

Related

Coordinates

Longitude: 5.038533
Latitude: 43.83706