Descriptif VILLENEUVE LES AVIGNON

Standing tall like a sentinel at the entrance to the town of Villeneuve-les-Avignon, the tower was built between 1292 and 1307 on orders from King Philip the Fair, who sought to impose respect from neighbouring Avignon.

 The tower has three levels, each with lovely rooms with vaulted ceilings. During the 15th century, a watchtower was added. From the top, a magnificent view of the Rhône River and surrounding countryside.
Share/Bookmark

Adress / Contact

Tour Philippe le Bel
Montée de la Tour
 
30400  VILLENEUVE LES AVIGNON
See phone number(s)
T. 04 32 70 08 57
contact by phonecontact by email

Accommodation around

Coordinates

Longitude: 4.797791
Latitude: 43.95987